Monday, March 5, 2007

TOP 10 THINGS I AM LEARNING FROM FRONTLINE SHEPHERDS WORLDWIDE

As I have had the privilege of ministering to thousands of developing-world pastors, ministry leaders and businesspersons, I am struck with their character and the heart of God at work through these underserved brothers and sisters. These are some of the things I’m learning from our brothers and sisters in underserved nations:
  • I’m learning Obedience. 3 John 17
  • I’m learning the Love of God.
They went out “For the sake of His name…”
“It is the love of God that compels us…”
  • I’m learning Simplicity. “They took nothing…”
  • I’m learning Courage
  • I’m learning Faith.
God responds to my faith and is insulted by my fears
I’m also learning to speak faith
  • I’m learning Humility
“Humility is the mother virtue and the perpetual safeguard of the soul.” Andrew Murray
  • I’m learning Teachability
  • I’m learning Tenacity
  • I’m learning about the Willingness to Suffer
  • I’m learning about Lordship
Full Surrender for an unhindered Holy Spirit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the thoughtful insight!

John Lambert said...

Glad to see you with a blog Mr. Shibley! Your books have influenced me greatly. I love the information sharing revolution that blogs have brought about recently. They are definately a great way to keep fresh material flowing and influence a greater circle of people. They key is to try to post something consistently even if it's small and give insight into your thinking. That's my two cents. Please check out my blog http://spreadtheflame.blogspot.com
I will be sure to add you to my "blogroll." Best to you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts, unique to find such a response to Abba when majority of Christianity runs after for fame and a name.

I'm humbled.

Sidharth from India